Client Care Program
Estate Planning is not a one-time event.
Our Client Care Program Ensures that Your Estate Plan Will Work When Your Family Most Needs It.
There are many legal strategies involved in estate planning, including wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, durable powers of attorney, and health care documents. Each of these documents is important, but the most crucial aspect of an estate plan is the alignment of the assets so they are distributed according to your wishes at the time of your death. Many people equate estate planning with documents. Properly drafted documents are important, but people are often surprised that wills do not avoid, but guarantee probate! The way assets are titled and how beneficiaries are named is often more important than the documents themselves. The documents must also be kept up to date for the plan to work and the family to be taken care of at the time of death or incapacity.
That’s why we created our Client Care Program, to ensure that we can be there with you as life changes and to guide your family if and when something happens to you.
Our Client Care Program Includes the Following Benefits
- Unlimited Legal Consultations: When you have a legal question or need a quick bit of advice, you can schedule a 15-min consult or email us, and we’ll handle those quick questions for you at no charge. Value: $995
- Annual Meeting & Plan Review: We review your estate plan every year to make sure we stay up to date. Value: $495
- Unlimited Plan Amendments: Life and law changes require amendments to your plan from time to time, and we include unlimited amendments at no charge. You are also eligible for a free restatement of your plan every 2 years. Value: $495
- Annual Update of Your Asset Spreadsheet: For your plan to work, we need to make sure your plan stays funded as you buy and sell assets, so we update your asset spreadsheet once per year. Value: $1,495
- Unlimited Future Asset Transfers: We help you keep your plan up to date by helping you with any future asset transfers to your trust as needed. Value: $1495
- 20% Off Future Legal Needs: If you need additional legal services that we can provide, we offer you a 20% discount from our normal fees. Value: $1,000s
- Family Meeting: Family Meeting to integrate your adult children into your planning. Value: $495
- Online Document Vault: We store your estate planning documents electronically so you can access them whenever you need them. Value $99
$897 per year or $97 per month
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m sure you have a number of questions about our Client Care Program. If you don’t find the answers you’re looking for, feel free to contact our office for more information.
As part of your Client Care Membership, you can call us with any legal or financial question you have. When you call, you will talk with our Client Services Director. She acts as our triage person, like in a hospital. If your call is about something she can help you with immediately, she will do so.
If your call requires legal analysis or consultation, our Client Services Director will get a complete description of your concern and schedule time for you to talk by phone with your Progeny Law Firm Attorney. Quite often, this consultation can put your mind at ease and require no additional legal services. There will be no charge for any of this consultation or advice.
If your Attorney determines that additional legal work beyond the consultation is needed to resolve your issue and that legal work does not fall within the terms of the additional provided services under the Client Care Program or is work that is not handled by our firm, your attorney will discuss that with you.
In the event the legal work can be handled by our firm, we will quote you a flat fee to handle the additional work before beginning any such work. This fee will be 10-50% off the normal fees we would charge for such services to a non-membership client.
In the event the additional legal work cannot be handled by our firm, your attorney will determine the right lawyer for your matter. We will call that lawyer on your behalf, brief him or her about the matter, ensure it is the right fit and negotiate a discount on legal fees for you. Any referral fees our firm would have been paid for the referral will be passed on to you instead.
The Client Care program includes a free yearly review of your planning documents and updates due to changes in the law or your life at no charge. Should you decide to change anything in your plan those changes will be at no charge so long as you are not changing the structure of the plan by, for example, adding in new trusts. In the event that you do want to change the structure of your plan, we would amend your plan at 25% off our normal rates.
There is no charge to add additional children to your planning documents. Just call to let us know and we’ll prepare the amendment for you.
You may cancel your membership at anytime. However, if we have done discounted or free work on your behalf under the membership agreement and the total value of that work exceeds the membership fees you have paid, we will require payment of up to one year’s worth of service. If you want to join the membership program again at a later time, you will be required to pay an updating fee equal to the number of months between the time you left the program and the time you are re-joining the program.
You can join the Client Care program at anytime. However, if you want to enroll later you may have to pay an enrollment fee and an updating fee.
If you are a Client Care Member at the time of your death, your family will receive a 25% discount on our legal services for distributing your estate.